MUPIZEM 2 % Ointment is a topical antibiotic that is used to treat bacterial skin infections such as impetigo, folliculitis, etc., caused due to susceptible strains of Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcus pyogenes.

MUPIZEM Ointment in bangalore
01.How long does it take for this medicine to take effect?

The amount of time required for this medicine to show its action is not clinically established.

02.How long do the effects of this medicine last?

The amount of time for which this medicine remains active in the body is not clinically established

03.Is this a habit forming medicine?

No habit forming tendency has been reported.

04.Is it safe to consume alcohol while taking this medicine?

Interaction with alcohol is unknown. It is advisable to consult your doctor before consumption.

05.Can this medicine be taken during pregnancy?

This medicine is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless necessary. All the risks and benefits should be discussed with the doctor before using this medicine.

06.Can this medicine be taken while breast-feeding?

This medicine is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women unless necessary. If the medicine is used, care should be taken that the infant's skin does not come in contact with the medicine and that the infant does not swallow the medicine. Discuss all the risks and benefits with your doctor before using this medicine.

Side Effects
Major & minor side effects
  • Skin rash
  • Skin redness at the site of application
  • Burning, stinging, or irritation at the application site
  • Dry skin
What is it prescribed for?

This medicine is used for the treatment of impetigo, a bacterial infection characterized by red sores around the mouth and nose.

When Not To Use

This medicine is not recommended for use in patients with a known allergy to mupirocin, or any other inactive ingredients present in the formulation.

Missed Dose

Apply the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not apply a double dose to make up for the missed dose


An overdose of this medicine is not likely to cause severe symptoms unless it is applied for a prolonged period of time in large volumes. However, the ingestion of this medicine may cause harm and immediate medical intervention may be required.

Warnings for special population

General warnings